I’m so sick and tired of hats and scarves. I’m really missing my wash and gos too. So far, we’ve racked up 40+ inches of snow in Detroit this winter. I know I may be pushing it a bit, but I’m so ready for spring. This ponytail and bunning routine is beyond boring, so the least I could do is find some hair accessories to change things up a little. Check ’em out.
Etsy: TALISMAN STUDIOS
Check out these cool hair accessories created using vintage buttons by Talisman Studios. The buttons are made out of materials such as metal, plastic, ivory, horn, mother of pearl, etc. I enjoyed reading the history of each button as well. These hair accessories are definitely unique and one of a kind. My kind of shop!
a. b. c. d. e.
- Ashanti Leaf Doublet, $16.99 – This vintage brass African trade bead was created by the Baoule tribe of the Ivory Coast. Available as singlet or doublet.
- Ashanti Sun, $12.99 – This vintage brass African trade bead was created by the Baoule tribe of the Ivory Coast. Available as singlet or doublet.
- Turquoise Illusion, $10.99 – These vintage buttons are a mid century composite plastic, likely from the early 1960’s. With a base of robin’s egg blue, they are flecked with colors of cream, sienna and matte gold.
- Hollywood Rhinestones, $16.99 – Invoke an era of glamour with this vintage rhinestone button nestled in your tresses. Manufactured in the 1930’s, this ornament measures 1 1/4 inches in diameter.
- Nouveau Rhinestones, $22.99 – Manufactured in the 1920’s, this dome-shaped button measures 1 1/2 inches in diameter with a height of 5/8 inch at the height of it’s dome. A smattering of tiny, faceted iridescent stones creates a stunning fantasy effect. Aged bronze patina metalwork.
Etsy: VIRTUOUS CREATIONS
This Etsy store has you covered for whatever hair accessory you desire. Check out Virtuous Creations’ hats, hair bands, scrunchies, and loc jewelry. I’m really feeling the Cheetah print fleece hair band/scarf set. Looks perfect for this Michigan winter weather.
- a. Multi-Colored Acrylic Hair Band, $12.99 – If you rock DREADLOCK, SISTERLOCKS, BRAIDS, or any other natural hairstyle this piece is so perfect for stylishly pulling your hair off of your neck or back into a beautiful upsweep.
- b. Unisex Expandable Hair Band, $13.99 – This piece is very versatile. Gather it and wear it as a small hairband/headband or expand it for a different look.
- c. Fleece Cheetah Print Set, $16.99 – This beautiful fleece ear warmer and scarf set is perfect for keeping your ears and neck nice and toasty while also adding some flair and enhancement to your outfit.
- d. Turqouise Blue/Lime Green Plaid Hair Band, $8.99 – This fleece earwarmer is perfect for keeping your ears nice and toasty while also adding some flair and enhancement to your outfit.
- e. Fleece Pumpkin/Rust Set, $16.99 – This beautiful fleece ear warmer and scarf set is perfect for keeping your ears and neck nice and toasty while also adding some flair and enhancement to your outfit.
France Luxe has a very impressive inventory of every hair accessory imaginable (barettes, hair sticks, headbands, ponytail holders, scrunchies). Can’t figure out why they’re still using metal clamps on some of their ponytail holders though, but you’ll definitely find plenty must haves.
- a. L. Erickson Orchid Ponytail Holder, Sale, $5.99, Reg. $18.00.
- b. France Luxe Melrose Ponytail Holder, $23.00.