This product review is for the following naturally curly hair products from Darcy’s Botanicals:
- Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme, 8 oz., $12.00: Organic aloe vera, Madagascar vanilla bean extract, organic palm oil, beeswax, castor oil, rice bran oil, and jojoba oil.
- Organic Palm Fruit and Cherry Kernel Butter (Vegan), 4 oz., $12.00: Organic non-destructive palm fruit oil, organic virgin coconut oil, sweet cherry kernel oil, lemon butter, cocoa butter, organic agave nectar, vitamin E, orange and patchouli essential oil blend.
- Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme, 8 oz., $12.00 – Distilled water, organic aloe vera, organic virgin coconut oil, BTMS (a mild conditioning detangler), vitamin E, panthenol, yarrow sage, horesetail, nettle and lavender exract, fractionated coconut oil, phonxyethanol and ethylhexyglycerin (a paraben-free food grade preservative).
After seven years natural, I’ve never proclaimed a product to be a “holy grail”, but I think I’ve finally found “The One” in the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. Darcy’s Botanicals naturally curly hair care products have rescued me from seriously dry, misbehaving hair, and bun boredom funk. Want to see a pic of what bed head looks like for me the next day after styling a bun with Darcy Botanical’s Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme? Not too bad huh? No wetting, brushing, or coaxing into place was required. And to think I was actually able to drop my daughter off at school without her insisting I park across the street. I must have looked “mom appropriate” this morning or something. LoL.
Anybody who wears a wash and go or a puff knows that cold temperatures + wind + snow will give you the worst snarls and tangles imaginable. Saturday, I bravely wore my puff in the above elements after using Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme and Coconut Lemongrass Transitioner’s Creme to smooth down my edges. I was really dreading braiding my hair before bed because I thought I would have to detangle. I was pleasantly surprised. My hair was still soft, moisturized, and not tangled at all. I applied the Organic Palm Fruit & Cherry Kernel Butter to my ends and nape only and I was ready for bed. No detangling session was necessary.
Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme: The light vanilla scent of this moisturizing styler smells divine. It feels light, goes on smooth, and provides both sheen and softness. I initially used about a quarter-sized amount, but a little goes a long way. I like stylers with a light hold and I think the candelilla wax substitution helped with that (thanks Lysandra!). I was able to achieve three-day hair with this product. Definitely a Holy Grail product for me.
Organic Palm Fruit & Cherry Kernel Butter: This butter has a pleasant herbal aroma, probably the patchouli. It has a light whipped texture and instantly smoothed and detangled my problem areas, which is my nape area and ends. Since putting this butter on my ends at bedtime, I’ve had a significant reduction in tangly ends. This butter also is perfect for twists and braids.
Coconut and Lemongrass Transitioner’s Creme: This creme has a light lemon scent with a thick consistency. It’s an excellent daily moisturizer and leave-in after a conditioner wash. I applied this on top of the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme to smooth down my flyaway edges and nape area on second and third-day hair. It actually moothed down my edges (including those unruly grays)better than any gel I’ve used.
What I love about Darcy’s Botanicals so far:
- Lysandra (owner) is very personable and customized the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme for me (candelilla wax for beeswax). Definitely an owner who puts a lot of attention into detail. I felt so special when I received my order. The packaging was awesome. Thanks Lysandra!
- Great prices.
- Quality natural ingredients.
- Products kept hair moisturized throughout the day with no need to reapply.
- Third-day hair. I didn’t even want to wash my hair because it stayed moisturized and soft with no heavy buildup.
- Hair cleansed and rinsed clean with the **CCrafters (Karess Krafters)Babassu Herbal Essence Shampoo Bar.
For the product junkies, Darcy’s Botanicals has new products coming soon. Stay tuned for Organic Coconut and Aloe Moisture Pudding, Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk, Organic Shea Butter Whips, and Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip.
**This shampoo bar was awesome. My hair was cleansed without stripping. Scalp wasn’t dry. No weird coated feeling you sometimes get with shampoo bars, therefore, no ACV rinse necessary.