PRODUCT: Hairveda Almond Glaze
PURCHASED AT: Hairveda’s New Online Shoppe
PRICE/WEIGHT: $7.99 for 4 oz.
APPLICATION: It has been hot and humid this past week, so last night I decided to do a light conditioning treatment. I added olive oil and honey to 3 tablespoons of shea butter. I covered my hair with a plastic bag, let it stay in about an hour, then fingercombed while rinsing out. I used an Aquis microfiber towel to dry, covered my hair, and went to bed. In the morning, I rinsed my hair, squeezed out excess water, and added the Hairveda Almond Glaze to my damp hair in sections.
RESULTS: Oh. My. Goodness. It has taken me all of six years to find a pomade with all natural ingredients that lays down my edges without irritation or itching, clumps my curls, and gives great shine. The Hairveda Almond Glaze is an alternative to pomades or hair grease for those who’d like to avoid petroleum and mineral oil. For me, it will also be replacing gels because of their glycerin content (which my hair doesn’t like). This glaze contains sweet almond oil and castor oil. It can be used to moisturize hair and scalp. The Hairveda Almond Glaze has a pleasant light almond scent.
Here are a few pics of my hair with the Hairveda Almond Glaze:
As you can see, I got good curl formation and great shine. My hair was soft to the touch with no resulting greasiness or stickness. The Hairveda Almond Glaze also laid down my graying hairline like nobody’s business.
THE VERDICT: I’ve finally found a pomade that fits in well with my low maintenance routine, and it has multipurpose abilities to boot.
- This pomade laid down my graying edges without irritation and itching (which usually results in hair loss for me). See blog post about Hairveda Vatika Frosting which helped regrow my hairline here.
- The ingredients in this pomade are natural which allows the product to also be used as a scalp and hair moisturizer.
- Due to its natural ingredients, it’s one of only a few products I can leave in overnight.
- Produces great hair shine and softness without greasiness or stickiness.
- Can be used on natural hair, curly hair, and permed hair.
**Will post future updates in regards to all products featured in product reviews as initial results sometimes change after utilizing over a period of time.