I’ve just taken my earring obsession to a whole new level; I now have a blog totally devoted to earrings. My favorite earrings are always those that are ethnic or Bohemian inspired with earth tone colors (my favorite colors). I was delighted to find Aku’s Ear Ornaments on the Etsy Artists of Color blog. This particular jewelry shop embodies “everything” I always look for in jewelry, especially earrings.
For me, Aku’s Ear Ornaments take “originality” to a whole ‘nother level. This artist doesn’t seem to be using materials that are rare or uncommon, but yet is able to create jewelry that is both unique and new. You know how you stumble across the same designs, different shops, time and time again? Trust me, the designs of Aku’s Ear Ornaments won’t be found anywhere else.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT AKU FROM HER ETSY SHOP PROFILE:
I’m a Taurean…all about the earth…the sun…appreciating natural colors and textures. Most of my creations incorporate warm metals like copper and brass, clay, horn, wood, and glass beads…and a very deliberate love for what I do. There is a very simple “mother earth” quality to my work. So, take a look around…I’m hoping you enjoy!
Make sure you check out Aku’s Ear Ornaments shop and feel free to contact her on Etsy with any questions you may have.
- A. Si-Si, $10.00 – Paperclay earrings, stamped, water painted in warm earth tones and varnished to a subtle sheen. Disk measures 1.5 inches in diameter.
- B. Sule, $10.00 – Paperclay earrings, painted in warm earth tones and varnished to a subtle sheen. Disk measures 1.5 inches in diameter.
- C. Dindi, $10.00 – A natural colored batik bead with copper raku shard and copper heishi.
- D. Ummi, $10.00 – A subtle little earring with a beautiful pearlescent focal bead, capped with bone…resin etched bead added for contrast. 2 inches.
- E. Jahi, $8.00 – Earthy earrings made of vegetable ivory bead, brass heishi, and green matte glass. 1-1/2 inches or 4.5 cm in length.
- F. Zebra in Santa Fe, $13.00 – Zebra striped amber glass bead coupled with a dappled turquoise ceramic bead. I added tiny copper shards and brass heishi beads to highlight the combination.
- G. Fossil, $12.00 – Lightweight handmade matte raku beads with a patina effect. Accented with brass and copper heishi spacers. Measures 3 1/4 inches 7.5 cm.
- H. Arrowhead, $9.00 – Lightweight handmade matte raku beads with a patina effect. Accented with brass and copper heishi spacers. 3 inches or 7.5 cm in length.
***NOTE: Free gift with purchase (either a pair of paperclay earrings or a paperclay pendant) from Aku’s Ear Ornaments shop if you mention “Mature Natural Blog” in the ‘Message from the Buyer” comment section, or by contacting seller through Etsy.