Although I do order the majority of my products online, there are also some great finds at your local drugstores such as Walgreens and CVS. The drugstores are now carrying more product lines geared towards organic and natural like Burt’s Bees, Tom’s of Maine, Kirt’s, etc. I think it’s a good thing since people are now becoming more health conscious and environmentally aware. Your local vitamin and health food stores (Vitmain Shoppe, GNC) also carry healthy product choices.
Here are some of my favorite cheap treats for hair and body:
- Cocoacare Cocoa Butter Stick, 1 oz., $1.49, 100% cocoa butter. Great for dry skin, blemishes, stretch marks.
- Walgreens Nature’s Finest Skin Oil with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera, 2 oz., $3.99. I use this on my face and hair. Ingredients: Safflower Oil , Tocopherol Acetate 10000 IU , Aloe Barbadensis Extract
- Walgreens Apothecary Peach Nut Oil Liquid Soap with Concentrated Peach Kernel Oil $5.99, 8 oz. A triple treat, this cleanser can be used on hair, face, and body. Ingredients: Water, Olive Fruit Oil , Peach Kernel Oil , Coconut Oil , Potassium Hydroxide , Glycerin , PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Lavender Extract , Peach Fruit Extract , Peppermint Leaf Extract , Butylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.
- Canus Lip Balm w/ SPF, 0.15 oz., $2.49. This product has no petroleum or lanolin. Ingredients: Goat’s milk with virgin olive oil, organic beeswax, organic soybean oil, organic hemp seed oil and spearmint essential oils.
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap, 3.5 oz., $4.99. Ingredients: Vegetable Soap Base; Glycerin; Honey; Buttermilk Powder; Oatmeal Flour; Fragrance.
- Kirk’s Natural, Kirk’s Original Coco Castile Soap 3-Pack, 12 oz., $3.99. Good travel soap for hair and body. Very mild. Ingredients: Coconut Soap; Water; Vegetable Glycerin; Coconut Oil; Natural Fragrance.
- Burt’s Bees More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Shampoo, 12 oz., $7.99. Ingredients: Water; Decyl and Lauryl Glucosides (Natural Coconut Oil, Corn Starch and Sugar Soap Blend); Coco-Glucoside and Glyceryl Oleate (Natural Sunflower and Coconut Oil Soap Blend); Soy Protein; Coco Betaine (Coconut Oil Emulsifier); Betaine (Sugar Beet); Vegetable Glycerin; Honey; Vegetable Protein; Wheat Protein; Glucose (Sugar); Sucrose Laurate (Natural Sugar Ester); Brazil Nut Oil; Raspberry Extract; Bergamont Oil; Orange Oil; Eucalyptus Oil; Fennel Seed Oil; Strawberry Extract; Mandarin Petitgrain Oil; Litsea Cubeba Oil; Vanillin Oil; Davana Oil; Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener); Fragrance; Glucose Oxidase and Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).
- Burt’s Bees More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Conditioner 12 oz., $7.99. Ingredients: Water; Centrimonium Bromide and Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut Oil Emulsifier); Sucrose Ester (Natural Sugar Ester); Vegetable Protein; Wheat Protein; Betaine (Sugar Beet); Vegetable Glycerin; Honey; Marula Oil; Glucose (Sugar); Brazil Nut Oil; Raspberry Extract; Bergamont Oil; Orange Oil; Eucalyptus Oil; Fennel Seed Oil; Strawberry Extract; Mandarin Petitgrain Oil Listsea Cubeba Oil; Vanillin Oil; Davana Oil; Polysorbate 60 (Sugar Emulsifier); Fragrance; Glucose Oxidase; Lactoperoxidase.
- Tom’s of Maine natural deodorant unscented soap, 4 oz., $2.99. Ingredients: Soaps of coconut and palm, sage extract, rosemary extract, ascorbyl palmitate, and lemongrass oil.
- TRESemmeRemoisturize Conditioner Pro-Vitamin B5 & Aloe 32 oz., $4.69. A good find, decent ingredients. Ingredients: Water (Aqua); Quaternium-18; Cetyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; Tocopheryl Acetate; Biotin; Niacinamide; Ascorbic Acid; Panthenol; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice; Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract; Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract; Propylene Glycol; Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract; Hydrolyzed Silk; Hydroxyethylcellulose; Stearyl Alcohol; Glyceryl Stearate; Quaternium-80; Steareth-21; Dimethicone; Disodium PEG-12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate; Oleamine Oxide; Glycerin; Citric Acid; PVP; DMDM Hydantoin; Disodium EDTA; Fragrance (Parfum).
What are your favorite, good for you, drugstore finds?